30 has always seemed like the age where society expects you to have your sh!t together by now. In honor of my 30th birthday I wanted to compile a list of 30 ways I’m not sure I’m succeeding in adulthood and life in general.
1. I have a blog called 20somethingSHE. Changing your blog name is really complicated, and I’m over it.
2. The elastic in my waist is shot beyond repair. #babiesareworthit
3. Gray hair don’t care…except I do care.
4. I’m still drowning in student loans, its like I’m hoping I’ll get lost in the paper work or something, and they’ll just magically go away.
5. I still don’t feel grownup. The other day I was literally like “Oh my word! I’m somebody’s mother!” Idk maybe by 40 I’ll be grown-up.
6. I still don’t feel settled into my career. I’ve been a teacher since 2010. It has it’s rewarding moments, and I love the schedule. I’ve recently really gotten into blogging, and I’m working on my second masters degree.
7. I really like cartoons. Bob’s Burgers is my favorite show!
8. I don’t watch the news. I’m so oblivious to what is happening in the world. I guess ignorance is bliss, but more than once I’ve had no idea what people are talking about when it comes to current events.
9. I absolutely hate Facebook. I hate Facebook so much that 90% of the time my account is deactivated. I will get on sometimes if I have something really exciting to post. Talk about feeling out of the loop though, the world has forgotten how to function thanks to Facebook. Recently my husband and I didn’t get invited to a party because “we weren’t on Facebook”… come on people!
10. My boobs…they’ve been to hell and back. They did feed my little one for over a year though.
11. I still can’t figure out how to keep my car clean. My car is either spotless or an absolute mess. Sometimes it’s so dirty, I think it effects my mpg.
12. College kids seem so young, and kind of annoying, which is super depressing.
13. I don’t even want to think about how long it’s been since I graduated high school.
14. Why do I still have acne?!
15. My eyebrows are now not the only facial hairs I’m managing.
16. If I can’t wear yoga pants, I don’t want to go.
17. Yoga Sucks! Exercise in general is not all it’s cracked up to be.
18. I officially hate my bra, and can only tolerate it so many hours in a day.
19. Peeing a little when you sneeze, yes this is a thing.
20. My purse is essentially full of medicine, and snacks.
21. I can no longer eat whatever I want. Some foods fight me to the bitter end. Sweets will give me major blood sugar issues, anything high in sodium leaves me feeling like I’ve been stranded on a desert island, and carbs make me hungrier than I was to begin with.
22. I still haven’t found my clothing niche. I wore American Eagle from 9th grade until the end of college. Being 30, means I can’t wear the same clothes as middle schoolers, but I can’t find “my store.” Currently the majority of my clothes come from Target.
23. I have clown feet. I’ve worn a size 10 shoe since the 4th grade. Having a baby made my feet even bigger. I have like 3 good fitting shoes.
24. I don’t want to be out all night. Ideally I’d like to be in bed by 8:30.
25. My husband and I are still church shopping, I really thought we’d have this figured out by now.
26. I still bite my fingernails.
27. Suddenly I have road rage. I’ve never had roadrage before but now other drivers infuriate me. I don’t ever act on it, I just call them idiots or exclaim the ever so popular “rrrrrreally?”
28. I’m too tired to care. Generally speaking, unless it involves the health and wellbeing of my family, I’m too tired to care.
29. I still add and subtract with my fingers. Math is hard.
30. I avoid words I still don’t know how to spell. Necessary. Definitely. Scissors.